Pages

Tuesday 26 March 2013

DIY: Flower Pens in a Vase

This is a really easy and beautiful way to have a few pens on your desk without look of a plain pen holder. Not only does it look great, it's cheap and takes less than an hour!



What you need:
  • Pens
  • Synthetic flowers. (I used large flowers for the pens and small flowers and garnland for fill)
  • Vase (I used a clear cylindrical vase from the dollar store)
  • Vase fill (I used stones and rice)
  • Floral Tape





Attatch the flower heads on to the pens using floral tape. I chose not to wrap the floral tape all the way down the entire lenth of the pen as it make the pen feel sticky to hold. I just wrapped the tape down a couple inches. This may take some fiddling around to get it tightly secured.



Fill the vase with rice, beans, craft sand...whatever you choose. Then you can arrange the pens and garnishing flowers however youd like. 




Choose colours to match your decor... use a more decorative vase if you wish... the world is your oyster!  If you make this project, post it in the comments below. I'd love to see what kinds of variations you come up with!




No comments:

Post a Comment